What is a Classified Ad?
A Classified Ad is one of the shortest forms of advertising which makes them much cheaper than other types of ads. Historically people think of Newspapers when they think of Classified ads, this is still true today however Google Ads and many other online sites like Facebook also offer a type of Classified ad. Here is some info on how to place a classified ad in the newspaper.
If you need to place a Classified Ad or a Display ad in a Online Publication, Newspaper or Magazine and you are not sure of what steps you need to take to do so it is important to make sure that you understand the goal of a legal notice ad is to get people to act and participate and not to get people to buy a product.
Steps to Placing a Classified Ad in a Newspaper
- Determine the area where your ad needs to run. This maybe your city, state, or in some cases, ads will run in nationwide papers.
- You can contact the paper directly or you can reach out to an agency that specializes in placing Classified Ads or Display Advertising
- Write your ad (see additional information on what information to include below)
- Determine which days you will need your ad to run. This may be a certain number of days or weekends.
- Ask for a quote.
- Approve ad, or to reduce the length of your ad you may abbreviate whenever necessary.
- Submit or confirm ad placement to run (ask for proof so that you can see how the ad will appear in the newspaper.)
- You can also request tear sheets after the ad has run.
If you would like more information on how to place a Classified ad in a Newspaper and you are still not sure of what steps you need to take to do so please see this additional post.