The purpose of a Legal Notice is used to keep the public informed about things like government contracts, permits, foreclosures, and community information. They are even used to inform the public about environmental conditions that may affect them or their community. For these reasons they must also be placed following specific requirements. A legal notice in newspaper is displayed as a classified ad all notices are placed in paid daily papers and cannot be run in free papers and are also typically not accepted on flyers inserts or layout ads. ( News Media Association ) If it not run on time can have serious repercussions that involve a lot of people on various levels. Because of this it is also important Legal notices are run in newspaper run as scheduled and free of mistakes.
How do I place a notice?
If you need to place a legal notice ad in newspaper and you are not sure of what steps you need to take to do so it is important to make sure that you understand the goal of a legal notice ad is to get people to act and participate and not to get people to buy a product. Because of this, legal notice ads can be somewhat longer and, therefore, more expensive than a small 4-line classified ad. In many cases, it can be helpful to recruit an advertising agency specializing in these types of advertisements to assist in writing and placing these types of ads for you.
Placing legal notices in newspapers doesn’t have to be a burdensome process. If you need to place a legal notice ad in the newspaper and wonder why you have to go through all this tedious work for something that you are unsure if anyone will want to read. You will rest assured that public and legal notices running in newspapers are a very old tradition that has to do with keeping the general public informed about what’s happening in your local community.
Steps to Placing a Legal Notices in Newspaper
- Determine the area where your ad needs to run. This may be your city, state, or in some cases, ads will run in nationwide papers.
- Contact the paper or an agency that specializes in placing legal notices in newspapers.
- Write your ad (see additional information on what information to include below)
- Determine which days you will need your legal notice ad to run in the newspaper. This may be a certain number of days or weekends.
- Ask for a quote.
- Approve the ad, or to reduce the length of your ad, you may abbreviate whenever necessary.
- Submit or confirm ad placement to run (ask for proof so that you can see how the ad will appear in the newspaper.)
- Request tear sheets after the ad has run.
My Classified Ads provide all types of discount advertising services, both online classified ads and offline, and legal notices in Newspapers. We have a large portfolio of publications that we represent directly. We take pride in our 40 years of relationships with publications nationwide, including those with Gatehouse Media and the Gannett network. Let us help you create a scalable campaign to meet your growing needs.